BLOSSOM /Bläsem/ (verb): To mature or develop in a promising or healthy way
This last year has been a very transitional period for me, especially the last two months. And being an optimistic person, I try to look at all transitions as growth periods, even if they're hard times, its just growing pains that come with change. Its in these times of change, that are sometimes uncomfortable and uncertain, that I realized you have to really turn within and focus on self so that you can weather the storm and come out stronger. And depending on how much you've realized your potential, sometimes you have to get EXTREME in your approach. So here's a few things that I have identified that really help me to BLOSSOM!
- SLEEP - As a young hustler, I was always like man, "F*CK SLEEP! GET MONEY!" but as I got older, I realized that as I'm taking on more work, creating on a higher level, and producing at at the level that I'm producing, I NEED to have the full amount of sleep in-order for my body and mind to be fully rested and prepared to create on the highest level. And as doctors say, and it works for me, you're suppose to get 8hours of sleep per night. So that might mean going to bed earlier, or sleeping in if you can, but its important. Which leads me to my next point..
- LIVE ABOVE TIME - "TAKE YOUR TIME." That's something that people often tell us when we're young, and then somewhere along the line we become professionals at everything and we start rushing through shit. No. Thats not it. "TAKE YOUR TIME" means to take advantage of you time and make the best use out of the 24 hours that we all have in a day. "LIVE ABOVE TIME" means to prioritize and don't over schedule yourself to where the quality of your life begins to be sacrificed. Live happy first and then schedule your work or obligations around you're life. Don't jump in the rat race just spinning the wheel, value your time and work smarter and not harder.
- EAT BETTER - "WHAT YOU PUT IN TO YOUR BODY IS WHAT YOU GET OUT." - If you're serious about life, if your serious about reaching your highest potential, you'll learn that you get out what you put in. That means eating healthy, eating 3 good meals a day, and not drinking and smoking so much. I used to smoke weed heavy and drink heavy. I stopped smoking two years again and my life changed because I got more FOCUSED and more efficient. And I stopped drinking earlier this month and I can feel a BIG difference in my body, my memory and just my health in general. I'm more sharp and clear minded now ready to listen and absorb.
- READING - I'll tell you, I used to hate reading, just wasn't something that I would do very often unless I was in school. But then I realized, ALL OF THE WISDOM IS IN THE BOOKS! People go through experiences, and then share their story so that we can read it and learn from it and not have to experience what they experienced to get there. Believe me when I tell you, if you're feeling stagnant, or just struggling, read a good book and it will answer a lot of your questions that you may have and help you to take your shit to the next level.
- EXERCISE - Mind, body and spirit. Your body is a machine. It's like a car, if you don't turn it on and drive it, parts start to go out and your body will break down. Also, its just good to sweat out the bullshit. For me, working out helps me to clear my mind and just relax after a long days work.
- And last but not least - CREATE A VISION BOARD! Ask yourself, what is it that you WANT?! ANYTHING! Print out pictures, cut them out, and glue them on a poster board. And put it up in your room or on your computer screen as a reminder. That positive reinforcement will help to push you in the right direction and remind you to do something everyday to reach your goals. Look at it every so often and if you feel you need to update it, or check something off the list, by all means do so.
Anyway, thats just my take on what has worked for me. I believe if you practice these six things on the regular, you will get better and better every day.